We can help you sort through the different Medicare Advantage plans and determine if one will be right for you in Hickory.
You may have heard of Medicare Advantage plans, but you may not be sure how to choose which plan is best for you. Medicare Advantage plans are typically offered by private companies that are approved by the federal government to offer additional coverage to those who need it. At Prime Benefits Insurance, we can help you sort through the different Medicare Advantage plans and determine if one will be right for you.
Here are a few different types of Medicare Advantage plans that you may wish to choose from when you are considering your health coverage options:
- HMO (Health Maintenance Organization) – Most HMOs only allow visits to doctors, other health care providers, or hospitals in the plan’s network. A referral from your primary care doctor for tests or to see other doctors or specialists may also be required.
- PPO (Preferred Provider Organization)—In a PPO, you pay less if you use doctors, hospitals, and other health care providers that belong to the plan’s network.
- PFFS (Private Fee-for-Service)—With PFFS, you can generally go to any doctor, other health care provider, or hospital as long as they accept the plan’s payment terms. This type of plan determines how much it will pay and how much you must pay out of pocket for care.
- SNPs (Special Needs Plans)—These plans offer focused and specialized health care for specific groups of people. For example, SNPs cover people who have both Medicare and Medicaid, have certain chronic medical conditions, or live in a nursing home.
- HMOPOS (HMO Point-of-Service) — These HMO plans may allow you to receive some services out-of-network if you are willing to pay a higher copayment or coinsurance.
- MSA (Medical Savings Account) — These plans offer a high-deductible health plan combined with a bank account, and you can use the money in the account to pay for your health care services throughout the year. MSA plans don’t offer Medicare drug coverage.
Because there are so many options for your Medicare Advantage coverage in Hickory, North Carolina, it is important to have a licensed agent who can walk you through the details and help you select the plan that is right for you. Contact us at Prime Benefits Insurance today if you would like more information about Medicare Advantage plans. We are available to assist you!